Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summer 2012 Goals

Summer has officially started. It's finally started to sink in that I graduated. Summer classes are starting. It's warm and sunny every day. While running today, I realized that I have a lot of things I want to accomplish this summer.

Within this past month, I have already accomplished a lot. I graduated with a master's degree. I trained for and started a grueling new job. I interviewed and was offered a different job. I quit that first job. I started running again. I started long-distance biking. I've been meat-free for exactly six months. I've done a lot, and it feels pretty damn good. 

But, of course, there's so much more I want to do.

In May, I made a list of my life goals, but those are very long-term. I want to gather together my goals for this summer, get them all in one place, and hold myself accountable. Some things have to get done, some things should get done, and some things would make my life more enjoyable if I did them.

I plan on checking in with myself throughout the summer, to see how I'm doing (and making adjustments to these goals as necessary).

Fitness:
  • Make sure my workouts are varied -- I need to make swimming, biking, and weight-training priorities this summer.
  • Sign up for and complete a 5K, a 10K, and a 50-mile bike ride.
  • Get my weight into the 160s.
Work/academics:
  • Edit and send out an article (that I've been sitting on for months) for publication.
  • Finish putting together my CV.
  • Find steady teaching jobs for the fall.
Everything else:
  • If I don't end up working a second job this summer, I'll have a lot of free time in August. I want to use that to plan at least one substantial (but cheap) trip, either camping somewhere around here or going to visit my sister.
  • Pay off my credit card.
  • Read at least 10 books.
  • Work on my quote journal.
  • Get another tattoo (I have an idea for a small and larger one, depending on how much I can afford).
It's going to be one hell of a summer, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm excited to see how much of this I'll be able to accomplish -- ideally, all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment