Monday, January 21, 2013

January 14-20

Today's weight: 171.8.

Workouts:
Monday: Off
Tuesday: Ran 5K
Wednesday: 3 miles on elliptical
Thursday: Ran 5K
Friday: Ran 2.5 miles
Saturday and Sunday: Off

Food:
Finally starting juicing again. It feels good to eat fresh fruits and vegetables, even if they only way I can seem to eat them is blending into a liquid. It's a start. My lunches were a lot of Jimmy John's being delivered to my office. In fact, I may have eaten from a restaurant every day last week. Yikes. And my weekend? More restaurants. Not so good. Though those weekend meals were shared with my mom, my boyfriend, and my boyfriend's family, respectively. There are few things that make me happier than a good meal with someone I love.

Overall:
I wasn't able to get out of work soon enough to make it to the spin class, but I am going to go tomorrow. It feels good to be working out regularly. Bloodwork from the doctor came back -- I'm healthy on all fronts. The most surprising: I don't have low iron anymore, despite not eating meat. I've had low iron for years. I'm rarely able to donate blood when I've tried. So, despite my poor eating lately, I haven't done much damage. Yet.

I'm starting a literature course this week, which will take up some of my free time, and keep me from the gym at last one night a week.

But, despite feeling blue that my long weekend is over, that it's back to work, that it's back to working first shift while my boyfriend works second, I feel good tonight. Hopeful, as ever, for what the future, near and far, holds.

Goals:
  • Work out at least four times this week, and go to at least one fitness class.
  • Keep juicing.
I didn't manage one of my goals from last week -- back-to-back fitness classes -- but my work schedule hasn't been conducive to that just yet. So, if I can make it to spin, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment