Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January 21-27

Today's weight (on Sunday): 173.0.

Workouts:
Monday: Ran 5K
Tuesday: Spin class (1 hour)
Wednesday: Ran 2 miles
Thursday: Spin class (1 hour)
Friday through Sunday: Off

Food:
Went out to eat once (Indian food) and actually cooked all weekend. I even made a veggie juice. I also ate a lot of gummy bears. And probably a lot of chocolate chip cookies. Let's call it a draw.

Overall:
I have a five-mile run a month away. I need to really pick up my running. Last night, I went to the gym and made myself run faster than I ever have. I couldn't sustain that speed for the entire run, of course, but I plan on continuing to push myself outside of my comfort zone.

I also started the reading for my literature class. I missed being in school. I missed talking about books. I missed thinking about the ways language and power work. It's good to be back. If I can't teach, I'm glad I can at least continue my own scholarship, even in a small way.

And I accomplished my two goals from last week. Easy goals, sure. But sometimes you have to write down something easy, just for the satisfaction of knowing you'll be able to cross it off.

Goals:
  • Work out five times this week.
  • Run 3.5+ miles non-stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment