Thursday, February 14, 2013

The future

I've been thinking a lot about how I want to use this space. I intended it to be a space to log workouts, chew over ideas, write down things important to me at that moment -- basically, a space where I can think about what it means to be healthy and happy in every way.

I'm busier now, and I'm not sure I need a blog to do those things. Sure, it's nice to have a digital scrapbook. Yes, it's good to set down goals in writing. It's great to commend myself on the things I have achieved and to be reflective.

But I'm just not sure I need this space anymore. It's only ever been a journal for myself, but I don't know if I need that now. I may just use it as a notebook for writing down workouts, and nothing more. Or only post sporadically, instead of weekly.

I'll have to think about it. As a fan of things like lists and accountability, it's hard to walk away from this blog. But I also don't see the point of keeping something I no longer need or benefit from. I find it overwhelming, small as it is. Maybe part of it is how I have to continually admit that I eat terribly, or that I never cook. Maybe it's that constant confrontation of a failure. Or maybe it's just a thing that's over-complicating my life, when my free time is already almost non-existent. Who knows? I'll be thinking about it for a while, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment